By Mark Everson Davies,Hilary Swain
Aspects of Roman background 82BC–AD14 examines the political and armed forces heritage of Rome and its empire within the Ciceronian and Augustan a while. it really is an vital advent to this primary interval of Roman historical past for all scholars of Roman historical past, from pre-university to undergraduate level.
This is the 1st ebook on the grounds that H.H. Scullard’s From the Gracchi to Nero, released generations in the past, to supply a whole introductory account of 1 of the main compelling and very important classes within the historical past of Europe. Aspects of Roman historical past 82BC–AD14:
- brings to existence the nice figures of Pompey, Caesar, Antony, Cleopatra and Augustus, and explores how strength was once received, used and abused
- covers the lives of girls and slaves, the operating of the empire and the lives of provincials, and faith, tradition and propaganda
- offers either a survey of the most subject matters and a close narrative throughout the shut exam of sources
- introduces scholars to the issues of studying proof, and is helping enhance the data and abilities had to extra the examine of historical history.
Read or Download Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Professor Sanders’ full-length examine of Dionysius I, probably the most strong figures of fourth-century BC Greece, is the 1st to seem in English, and marks an immense reassessment of the ‘tyrant’ of Syracuse. Dionysius I on a regular basis seems to be within the surviving ancient debts as a tyrant within the worst – sleek – feel of the note: cruelty, intransigence, vanity are all a part of this stereotype.
The historical past of historic Israel: A consultant for the confused presents the scholar with definitely the right advisor to why and the way the background of this so much contested area has been stories, and why it is still studied this day. Philip R. Davies, one of many best students of old Israel lately, starts by means of reading the relevance of the research of historical Israel, giving an summary of the resources and matters dealing with historians in imminent the fabric.
Numa PompiliusJean-Pierre Claris de Florian, Jean-Pierre Claris de Florian, auteur dramatique, romancier, poète et fabuliste français (1755-1794)Ce livre numérique présente «Numa Pompilius», de Jean-Pierre Claris de Florian, édité en texte intégral. Une desk des matières dynamique permet d'accéder directement aux différentes sections.
Die Beiträge des Bandes ziehen eine aktuelle Zwischenbilanz über die neuesten Entdeckungen und Befunde zu den römisch-germanischen Auseinandersetzungen in der frühen und mittleren part des augusteischen Prinzipats. Der zeitliche Rahmen erstreckt sich gleichwohl bis zum großen Germanien-Zug des Soldatenkaisers Maximinus von 235 n.
- Families in the Greco-Roman World (The Family in Antiquity)
- The Neolithisation of Iran (British Association for Near Eastern Archaeology)
- Rome and Provincial Resistance (Routledge Monographs in Classical Studies)
- Aufbau und propagandistische Wirkung der hellenistischen Herrscherpaläste von Aigai und Pergamon (German Edition)
Extra info for Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation)
Aspects of Roman History 82BC–AD14: A Source-based Approach (Aspects of Classical Civilisation) by Mark Everson Davies,Hilary Swain