By Terry Ballard
Everyone understands that ny continues one of many nice library platforms on the earth - the 2 lions that defend the forty second road library one of the most vital icons within the urban. much less popular are a number of forte libraries that experience grown up round the wealthy highbrow and cultural lifetime of long island urban. there are many libraries that serve genealogical researchers, but in addition libraries catering to Spanish, German, French and Russian audio system. there's a library of books approximately canine and one who is predicated at the paintings of Carl Jung. A library in Staten Island exams out instruments to owners rebuilding after storm Sandy. Fifty forte Libraries of latest York City should be a travel of hugely really good yet publicly available libraries in ny and the Outer Boroughs. In every one case, entry is defined, and an interview with the director or manager is gifted. This publication is a different details resource for all these librarians and researchers attracted to the wealthy cultural background of recent York’s libraries.
- Goes past the listing structure to provide considerate observation and interview fabric on every one library
- Refers the reader to present information
- Written by means of a librarian with 50 years’ adventure of public, educational, and unique libraries, and with a deep feeling for brand spanking new York
- Gives an account of fifty speciality libraries of recent York urban, from small subscription libraries to the UN Library
- Presents info on libraries which are little-known and broadly invaluable in New York
Read or Download 50 Specialty Libraries of New York City: From Botany to Magic PDF
Similar library & information science books
Heritage lecturers and college library media experts will locate this advisor a helpful source for developing technologically complex, resource-based tutorial devices in American and global historical past in grades 7-12. it's packed with one hundred fifty steered basic resource websites approximately historical past starting from old civilizations to 1998 and is stocked with interesting, attention-grabbing, and demanding questions designed to stimulate scholars' severe pondering abilities.
""The German note for adventure - Erlebnis - the event of the lifestyles, to pass though whatever - underpins this e-book: making seen scholarly possibilities for richer and deeper contextualizations and examinations of the lived-world studies of individuals in daily contexts as they be, do and turn into.
This is the first-ever entire consultant to archival innovations, rules, and practices. Encyclopedia of Archival technology positive factors 154 entries, which deal with each element of archival expert wisdom. those entries diversity from conventional principles (like appraisal and provenance) to today’s demanding situations (digitization and electronic preservation).
This publication severely examines the association of information because it is enthusiastic about issues of electronic verbal exchange, the social, cultural and political effects of classifying, and the way specific historic contexts form principles of data and what details to categorise and checklist. as a result of permeation of electronic infrastructures, software program, and electronic media in way of life, many points of latest tradition and society are infused with the task and perform of type.
- Metadata Standards and Web Services in Libraries, Archives, and Museums: An Active Learning Resource: An Active Learning Resource
- Competencies for Science Librarians
- Youth-Serving Libraries in Japan, Russia, and the United States
- The C-SPAN Archives: An Interdisciplinary Resource for Discovery, Learning, and Engagement
- Mobile Social Marketing in Libraries (Library Technology Essentials)
- Twenty-First-Century Kids, Twenty-First-Century Librarians
Additional info for 50 Specialty Libraries of New York City: From Botany to Magic
50 Specialty Libraries of New York City: From Botany to Magic by Terry Ballard